Please make sure you are subscribed to our email newsletter for urgent updates regarding Covid-19 Policies, news about upcoming sessions, and more. If you have previously unsubscribed but want to stay up-to-date, you will need to re-subscribe by filling out this form. The policies outlined below are subject to change based on future CDC and City of Chicago guidelines.
Lillstreet Art Center’s mask requirement was removed on June 13, 2022. Due to improved Covid-19 metrics, Chicago and the State of Illinois lifted mask mandates on February 28, 2022. We are currently a “mask optional” environment, but still strongly encourage masking in the classroom when social distancing is not possible. We will continue to uphold our vaccine requirement for students, faculty, and staff ages 18+.
Some adult classes will still have mask requirements in place. You will be notified in advance if your class will require masks.
While masks are optional, we ask all of our community members to respect the choice of each individual you encounter in our building. The pandemic has made long-lasting effects on all of us, and it is important to be mindful and supportive of each other. We want to take this time to celebrate how far we have come in battling this pandemic, and how wonderful it is that we can keep learning together in this ever-changing time.
This policy is subject to change based on future metrics and recommendations and restrictions by the City of Chicago and State of Illinois.
Thank you for all of your continued support and interest in our classes, workshops, and gallery. We look forward to creating with you soon!
Lillstreet Art Center requires proof of vaccination for all students ages 18+.
- Full vaccination will be required for all in-person faculty and students over the age of 18. Full vaccination is two shots of Pfizer/Moderna and one shot of J&J at least two weeks prior to entry.
- We will not accept negative covid tests in lieu of vaccination for students ages 18+, however, exemptions will be honored for those who are unvaccinated due to medical and/or religious reasons. Faculty, staff, visitors, and students with vaccination exemptions will be required to provide proof of a negative covid-19 test result taken within 72 hours of entering the building.
- All staff and students will be asked to check-in at the front desk/reception area to confirm their vaccination status during the first week of class. Students who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccination.
Acceptable forms: proof of vaccination
- CDC COVID-19 vaccination card
- Official immunization record from the jurisdiction where the vaccine was administered
- App providing a digital vaccination record
- Digital or physical photo of their vaccination card or record
New Policy for Visitors:
- All visitors ages 18 and up must show proof of vaccination and photo identification to the receptionist upon entering the building.
Thank you as always for your patience and understanding during these ever-changing times. We will continue to monitor the state of Covid-19 in Chicago and adapt as needed to keep us safe.
Enrolled in a class with a mask requirement? Please read:
Some faculty members and specific classes will still have mask requirements in place. You will be notified in advance if your class will require masks.
All participants in classes requiring masks are strongly encouraged to wear masks that provide the highest level of protection against the spread of Covid-19. Below are the types of masks we recommend for use:
N95 and KN95 Masks (Highest Protection)
3-Ply Surgical Masks (Best Alternative)
Important: Mask Layers and a Proper Fit
Single-layer cloth masks are not very effective against the Omicron variant. The CDC recommends masks with multiple layers of non-woven material. Please remember that no matter your choice in mask, proper fit over your nose and mouth matters. If you need to improve the fit of your surgical mask, we recommend double-masking with a cloth mask over worn over the top.
Under certain health-related circumstances, these masks may not work for you. You can find more information about exceptions and alternatives if you scroll to the bottom of this link. Please email us at email@example.com so we can be aware of the exception ahead of time.
How to Check In For Class
When you arrive, please go to the front desk to check in for class. You will show a staff member proof of a vaccination. You will receive a tag notifying your instructor that you have checked-in for your class. If you do not have a tag, your instructor will send you to the desk so you can properly check-in.
If you need to purchase a material kit, you can do so prior to class, or you can pay ahead of time by calling 773-769-4226 and purchase over the phone.
Balance Dues: All balances are due prior to the first class. If you have a balance due, one of our staff members will contact you directly to collect your payment.
Before your first class, carefully read over the below information:
- Self-Health screenings are required before entry: check to see if you are exhibiting any Covid-19 symptoms prior to building entry. If you do have symptoms, wait to enter premises until you have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared.
- Before entering your classroom, please use hand sanitizer. We will have sanitizer available outside of each classroom.
- Please familiarize yourself with the current City of Chicago Emergency Travel Order
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-769-4226.